- Charting - Provide for chart rendering without using Flash (to enable display on mobile devices).
- Error Handling - Improve error handling and user-defined exception processing.
- Development for Mobile Applications – Include themes and HTML templates suitable for smart phones and mobile devices.
- Interactive Reporting – Allow multiple reports on one page and support pivot queries.
- Tabular Forms – Allow multiple tabular forms on one page and continue to expand tabular forms validations.
- Master-Detail-Detail – Allow the generation of pages to support master-detail-detail relationships.
- Modal Dialogue - Add ability to display a dialog on top of a page (the rest of the page will be grayed out).
Other improvements are:
- Dynamic Actions – Enhance conditional processing and allow dynamic actions to be defined for tabular forms, reports, and buttons.
- Plug-Ins - Add plug-in support for additional components and enhance plug-in definitions.
- Use of ROWID – Allow usage of ROWID for Automatic DML processing (as an alternative to identifying the PK columns).
- Websheets – Allow for greater control over user interface, new page section types, and enhanced spreadsheet / datagrid integration.
- Data Upload - Enable end-users to upload data into an existing table (within an application).
- Accessibility – Improve accessibility in existing themes and HTML templates.
- Numerous functional and performance improvements.
Source: Statement of Direction